Developed in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates, “Pilates” is a form of exercise
which uses special movements designed to improve physical strength, flexibility,
posture and enhance mental awareness.
At Jeremy Bingham Pilates we have a modern approach and introduce Pilates balls,
spikey balls, resistance bands, medicine balls and dumb bells to aid your progression.
We follow Pilates methods and sequences to provide a holistic approach that targets all
muscle groups in the body whilst working on posture, functionality and flexibility.
Joseph Pilates 1883 - 1967
What will Pilates do for me?
With expert instruction and regular sessions, Pilates will:
- Strengthen and tone muscles
- Strengthen the body's core
- Alleviate chronic back and joint pain
- Improve coordination and balance
- Improve stamina and concentration
- Increase blood flow, circulation and metabolism
- Relieve stress
- Enhance your sporting performance
- Give you a more upright posture
- Promote oxygen absorption
- Provide a safe form of exercise for osteoporosis patients, as well as ante and
Can anyone do Pilates?
Pilates is completely customisable for people with varying fitness and health levels. At
Jeremy Bingham Pilates one of the first things I will do is assess your needs and your
capability. That attention to detail will continue as you make progress, as I constantly
review and tailor our approach to make sure you start to feel benefits.
My clients include:
- Women, men, young, old and everything in between.
- People with rehabilitation needs following medical treatment or chronic pain
sufferers – we see many people who’ve been suffering from back, shoulder, hip
or knee pain.
- Those looking to improve general fitness, strength and flexibility – particularly
as they age and often for those living more sedentary lifestyles.
- Elite sportspeople who want to improve core strength, flexibility and stamina.
- Women who want to strengthen their tummy and pelvic floor after past
- People who find gyms or team sports intimidating but know in themselves that
they need to do something to keep themselves fit
My classes are held in Stonehouse Scout Hut. Please use the link below to complete my readiness for Pilates questionnaire, and sign-up to an 8-week course.
Call me on 07748 539 308 to have a chat about how Pilates could work for you or email email@example.com